Friday, May 22, 2009

still May 22nd

beyond, beyond

coming home to mail nobody would want to read,
accused and suspected, biting the hand that feeds.
there is no laughter, there is no mirth,
just the reminder of my negative net worth.
and the people you help aren't helped at all,
but i've said it before i don't mind the fall.
my eyes are fixed forward, but my body's in reverse,
down and drown, swallowed whole by the curse.
just a few more months and the stakes get higher,
if i said i wanted to stay, well, i'd just be a liar.
just like the shifty-eyed, i'll drop clues in your drink
nobody will believe me, until i'm just a thought you think.


restless reiteration

restless...
i can feel my arms shaking,
dying for shifting gears,
and a head that feels clear...
they don't agree with the rest of my body,
the rest of the restless
it won't leave me alone
but i don't want to be alone
this feeling of urgency gives way to complacency
and at once i am content
and at twice i am distant
i can roam forever
me and my soul
just me and my soul....
i don't mind the fall
it's kind of breezy


some people don't listen

my words always fall on deaf ears
i tried i said
but now shes dead
at least to you
i think she'll do.....
that means nothing
this place is nothing
but there's solace in solutions
and right now is just fine

No comments:

Post a Comment