Monday, January 26, 2009

january 26th 2009

okay its been awhile
probably the longest i haven't written on here
and i blame myself but it's been an intense couple of days.
i got sick as i haven't been in so long,
couldn't even get out of bed one day
and then the next for quite some time
and then the next i went to the beach
and strummed the guitar with my two favorite people
obviously heather and bk
i miss leanna....
perhaps i can see her soon
ran into a good friend of mine at a random soccer game at my old highschool
madison<3
i knwo you're reading this :)
been realizing many things lately
my life has very bizarre moments
and i was contemplating my life lastnight
while washing pots and pans
in my leather jacket
which in itself seems like a pretty odd things to do
but hey, i was cold, so sue me.
and this coffee i just made at bcc is the best by far
thanks to powdered creamer and the sugar things.
anyway , must refrain from divulging from the said topic
i seem to do that a lot lately
i have an essay due tonight by midnight
that i definitely have to do right away
because i'm rpetty sure me heather and bliss are hitting up crush tonight
i havent been dancing in a coon's age as bk would say
speaking of bk
i do believe i was serenaded last night for the first time in my life
talk about crazy.
but nice.
but more.
i dont know
so that's good
heather is floating
and i cant reach up to the clouds and grab her
but i will have to....
and no one will understand this but me
......................
ill try a hand at a poem
even though im just shooting the breeze
and like chuck palahniuk would say
sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.


humans, humanity, breeding society
living social experiments, such is the life
there are those that sail smoothly
and those who only encounter strife

oh the ones who sail smoothly
don't see so clearly
as the ones who have suffered
and now cherish everything dearly

there is ink on my arm,
an image that is forever engrained
symbolizing no failure to thrive
everlasting memory of pleasure after pain

don't tell me you're much too weary,
or that life tires you on all sides.
you say if you're bored, you're boring
if one road isn't pleasing you, get in a new ride.

it's all about perspective,
can you step in my shoes?
einstein said everything is relative,
we don't win and we don't lose.

emotion is just a word with feeling attached to it
who gives the rhyme an ounce of reason?
why do we live the way we do?
who gives a cup of color to the summer season?

anticipation is too vain a feeling
why waste the gift of the present?
without wistfulness or aprehension
life can be seen as particularly pleasant.




okay let me just sau i think that might be absolute crap
someone give me some feed back
totally blase'
i need to work on this
but i wasn't really thinking in a poetic frame of mind
i was rather pondering life in general
why people act the way they do
and how we percieve them compared to what society views as "normal" or "abnormal"

i really like my psychology class even if my teacher always compares something to "going to olive garden and having a few classes of wine and getting a dui rather than someone who got a dui for the eighth time coming home from the bar" or the fact that she interrupts people and i think my classmates don't feel that they have much liberty to speak, which is no fun, what's a psych class if i can't observe my classmates, not that i don't, but without words all i have to go on is their body language, and that's not nearly as intricate.
regardless,
i like the class.
i just wish my teacher wasnt also a drug and alcohol counselor on the side, everything revolves around that for her, and i'm like "damnit man, could you just talk about people?"
although obviously not really
because god knows i would never say that
sometimes i think i have less a spine than a jellyfish
and that just makes me feel quite pathetic
but i am not in a bad mood
and my avoidance of conflict will one day haunt me
but that day is not today
so thats good!
GOODBYE

1 comment:

  1. I read it!
    And I'm glad that I saw you.
    Our encounters are few and far between
    but theres something about you that always manages to make me smile.

    ReplyDelete