Friday, January 30, 2009

january 30th 2009



sweet tired eyes
a sound in my ear,
sleepy soft voicemail
from the one who isn't here.

gentle little smile
background meows and a purr
my one-striped secondary lover
you know, the one with the fur.

all is quiet in the little room
the sound of rain against the window
cold and cloudy, yet no gloom

it is this morning, i feel so calm.
then, realizations turn to elations,
however high or low key, i'll let it be.
'cause that's what my fortune told me.

not the teller, i don't need to know my future,
the chinese cookies,
well, they must've been rookies,
'cause i'm not keeping my emotions under wraps
and you don't only treasure what you cannot possess.

and we just laughed and knew it couldn't be true
because i am your pearl, and i'd shout from the rooftops
if you wanted me to, just how i feel about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment